Saturday, August 21, 2010

My "Wingman (wife)" has flown!!

After putting the DW on the plane last week I hung around Champoeg St. Park for a few days getting used to the peace and quite! LOL!!! This State Park is in a great area. Not only do you have some great history, fresh U-Pick fruit, there is a Camping World close by.

I have since moved on to Armitage Park in Eugene, OR, near our old home grounds. I needed to have some maintenance done on the dog, ie; grooming and a pet visit to check a small growth on her eye. Armitage is a nice urban area park located near the confluence of the Willamette and McKenzie Rivers. It is just a couple of miles out of town and has full amenities. They take reservations and it does get full on the weekends. There is some noise from the freeway near-by, but it is not disturbing. We will stay here again during football season.

I'm self sufficient but I truly miss the better half. I had to do laundry yesterday in a laundromat. I resolved the boredom issue of getting the stuff done by heading across the parking lot to a video poker establishment for a brew and two dollars worth of poker. I also put new starting batteries on the truck. They started getting tired after 7.5 years.

I will be here tending to "honey do's" till the middle of next weeks. I plan on heading out to.....???? before I make my pick up at the Portland airport.

2 comments:

  1. I will take a look at all the blogs, thanks for sharing this list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you dad! Mom does too! But we will see you BOTH in a few months!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment! We love to hear what you have to say! Unfortunately this section no longer supports Explorer, but we'd love to hear from you if your browser is supported.
If you have a question and your email address is not attached to your profile, we will respond here in the comments.